*Maggie Mee*

"You don't get very far in life without having to be brave an awful lot. The most important thing about bravery is not about being fearless - it's about being scared and doing it anyway - that's bravery." -Ysebella Braye-

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

... izit really nt rite to surf net in the office..

Why.... sia... after finishing my tasks, can't i even surf net or MSN... no harm ma.. i did my wrk leh.. doh it's no big deal tat i've done my wrk la.. cos i shld..

Was alittle shocked when my colleague told me tat actually my surfing net actions was oreadi discovered.. nt becos i was discovered as i oreadi knew.. mayb juz abit sudden ba.. and of cos she did advised me nt to continue.. saying it won't nice if my manager was to told me off.. yap, i agreed.. but somehow i juz thot tat it's really nt a big deal to surf net during wrking hrs lo.. provided i've completed my tasks properly.. juz dunno y the person so inflexible.. mayb she has the Company's welfare at heart.. but was tinking as long as it doesn't affect my wrk, why canot..? Dun get it lo.. and i dun really agree w tat way of doing things.. dun tink tat will be any better to let one be more efficient lor. Such inflexibility... pple will oni tend to rebel more.. But funnie thing was, so far she din say anything yet.. Hmm... is she closing one eye or........ tink it thru and see no harm anyway..? Dunno her la.. sianz lo.. at times when it's so restricted in a way.. like im oways being watched! Gota be so alert manz.. and one thing was, it's hard to noe if other colleagues are oso watching u nt... cos tis colleague of mine din mention who was the person who saw me.. its' nt nice ba i guess.. Hmm.. but at the moment when she's telling me.. i sort of gt alittle stunned.. by her serious tone and... im tinking who's the one too.. sounds 0.1% scary lo.. as in when u dunno who.. But, juz imagine when u hav nothing to do and hav to act busy.. i tink u guys will say, find something else to do lor.. but tats boring lo.. having to oways...... Actually i rather the person tell me straight than speaking behind (if tats wat my colleague's hinting).. doh sure won't be happy la haa..

Anyway.. no big deal la.. juz try to surf less lo... wat to do.. can't possibly be secretly surfing for long and still won't kana discovered rite.. nt such good thing la.. haha but when i first started my wrk here.. even worse, my manager told me off straight.. and un-install my MSN.. it's oreadi a big hint tat she DUN ALLOW ba.. so after tat, for a period of time i really din surf le... nt sure since when back to surf again.. haha.. especially during shipment low period.. mid of the yr.. she dun even let us put our own wallpaper at first sia.. say wat gt virus la.. won't lo.. or mayb she juz wants to be in CONTROL.

1 Comments:

Blogger Y said...

I understand your frustration. Nobody likes to 'wayang', it is just plain bo liao and disgusting. Why can't we come into office and leave the moment we clear the work for the day? Why can't we work from home since we have IMs and can use VPN to access office network and softwares?

There are many things that we feel can and should be done but are not done. The problem is often attributed to 'culture'. Unfortunately, the working culture stresses on hard work and listening to the superior. Your actions of surfing only after clearing your work is not illogical. However, it does appear to go against the abovementioned 2 values which are important in the working culture, at least locally.

Unless your company happens to be an MNC, and even so, it must be a very forward-looking one. Otherwise, I think the frustration is the same anywhere you go.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home